Web pages using a simple tuple store [was : RE: template engine]

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Wed Jun 14 14:04:13 CEST 2006

* Tony Finch <dot@REDACTED> [2006-06-14 11:59:26 +0100]:

> > If a user is viewing a page and sombody put's a new value the change is
> > seen immediately (this needs an ajax lister, for every page, it rpc the
> > server and gets a return value if any region on the page is updated)
>
> XMPP is the ideal protocol for this :-)

I agree.
A realtime wiki project is currently under development in the Google
summer of code context:
http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Real-time_wiki

The idea is exactly this, build on XMPP and the pubsub protocol for the
server part.
The code is developed by Grzegorz Grasza and I am mentoring the work.

XMPP is a good idea for that as many building bricks are already
available:
- Pubsub engine (in ejabberd)
- XMPP Javascript client-side libraries.

The Realtime wiki project should be the basis of a very nice Ajax
framework.

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/