Hardware recommendation

ke.han ke.han@REDACTED
Fri Feb 24 13:53:04 CET 2006

I don't think this is a matter between the hardware and erlang.  Its the
OS that matters in this case.  If Solaris 10 is certified for the DL585
and erlang works well on Solaris 10 then you shouldn't have any trouble ;-).
The DL585 is a solid opteron server. From most perspectives its no
different from other xeon or opteron servers.  Its nothing uniquely
"HP".  I have used erlang on many intel based PCs, servers and laptops
with various Linux, BSD and Windows.  Can't say anything for Solaris
expect that if Sun and HP certify Solaris 10 for this hardware you
should be fine.
regards, ke han