Never trust a statistics you didn't forge yourself

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Feb 22 14:35:30 CET 2006

Joe Armstrong wrote:

> And by the way - you haven't sent me a gift certificate
> - was the offer only open to people on the MPI list?
> - did the other people on this list get any gift
> certificates?

I have no recollection of receiving one.

> To start with Erlang is unique in your survey in
> the sense that concurrency is part of the language
> and not the OS.

To be fair, Java does support concurrency at the
language level. It just happens to do it poorly.

I would also suggest that OCaml does it, at least
through standard libraries. The libraries basically
map the POSIX thread model, but there are VM-level
threads, which means that OCaml programs can de-
couple themselves from the OS thread support.

/Ulf W