parallel programming survey results

chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Mon Feb 20 19:55:44 CET 2006

On 20/02/06, Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:

> Check out http://www.parawiki.org/downloads/survey.pdf
> for the results of a parallel programming survey held
> a while ago. Apparently, the erlang showing was a bit
> too eager, so the reader is cautioned not to take the
> erlang figures too seriously.  ;-)

The cautionary statement about Erlang said that the high response rate
was because "an influential member of the community" (Joe) posted it
to the mailing list. So what is wrong with that? We didn't all get
together to decide on the answers before participating in the survey!
They themselves tried to give the survey as much publicity as they
could.

Anyway, it shows that the community is hungry for publicity :-)