Longstanding issues: structs & standalone Erlang

Peter Lund erlang@REDACTED
Tue Feb 14 09:16:45 CET 2006

Yes, I think too that the SAE would contribute a lot in marketing Erlang
to the world.

Many times I have wanted to send some non-erlang windows user one
zip-file containing an application and all necessary parts of erlang to
be able to run this on his computer. Very rarely I have been in a
position to tell that windows user to first download the full erlang
development environment just to run some smallish app I have developed.
To market Erlang better, I think we should like java have both a
development environment for erlang nerds and one other much simplier way
to install and run an erlang app. Some kind of packaging tool that works
for windows generating files that WinZip can unpack would be excellent.

Let's face it, the non-nerd commutity uses windows! (I do too for lot of
erlang development :) )

/Peter