Mirrors

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Thu Feb 9 12:48:46 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 12:23, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> Do you know where there are reliable mirrors of
> http://www.erlang.org?
>
> I have written a little mini-HOWTO on how to mirror the
> contents including the mailing list archives to be found
> on http://www.erlang.org/mirrors.html.
>
> We need to update the list of known reliable mirrors.

It is unnecessary hard to find the URLs of the mirrors in case the
primary server is down. Might I suggest erlang.org doing something
similar to lots of other sites, with www2.erlang.org, or
www.se.erlang.org and www.other-tld.erlang.org etc?

I can set up a mirror at Stockholm university, but I either have to
invent a name for the mirror site under su.se, or have one provided by
you (a CNAME to one of our web servers).

Also, DNS for erlang.org has been a bit flakey for me at times, with
only two servers listed in .org. I could set up secondary DNS service
(even with IPv6 if you want) for erlang.org too if you wish.

/Fredrik