ODBC questions

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Sun Feb 5 16:39:12 CET 2006

Hello,

I have recently been working a lot with ODBC and Erlang. One problem /
question remains: Is there any mechanism to detect when the connection
to the database is lost ? The purpose is to be able to try restarting
the connection.
I looked at the ODBC code, but did not find any relevant parts.
For now, the behaviour seems to be the following: When querying a
database who went offline, I get an error as the query response. The
text of the error explains that the database is not more reachable but
the ODBC process is still there.

I suspect that such reconnection mechanism should be handled by the ODBC
driver. I have been doing my tests with MySQL.

Does someone here have experienced the same reconnection problem with
ODBC ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/