New Tutorial - Writing an Erlang Port Using OTP Principles

Torbjorn Tornkvist <>
Thu Feb 2 16:11:46 CET 2006

Pete Kazmier wrote:
> Over the past two months, I've been slowly working on a new tutorial
> for the Erlang community.  Here is the abstract:
>      This guide shows you how to write an Erlang program that
>      communicates with an external Python echo server. It will also
>      demonstrate the use of several Erlang concepts including ports,
>      gen_servers, supervisors, and applications.
> Here is a link to the tutorial:
> If it is well-received, perhaps it could be included in the How-To
> section of the site.
> Thanks,
> Pete

Great work!

I think you should upload it to
Note however that there exist no easy way to
upload pictures etc, so perhaps you can have
a full URL reference pointing to your png file.

Cheers, Tobbe