list_to_atom use in kernel/error_logger.erl

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Thu Feb 2 00:34:20 CET 2006

Matthias,

Thank you for clarification.  The reason I looked into the
error_logger's code was indeed related to the ugly format of the
displayed message upon an unsuccessful startup with a -boot option.

Though I still don't understand the need for list_to_atom(L) there.  Why
not just return the list L?  It does work either way.

Serge

--
Serge Aleynikov
R&D Telecom, IDT Corp.