edoc feature request

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Thu Feb 2 08:28:11 CET 2006

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 22:46, Serge Aleynikov wrote:
> I meant to have an option to instruct edoc to exit the emulator on
> error (rather than to have the option to provide an exit code).  As
> far as the exit code value is concerned, a non-zero value would
> suffice.

I would vote for just making edoc return non-zero on error (like you
suggested) by default. Always.

Since, as far as I understand your original problem description, there
hasn't been any difference in the exit code of the edoc beam process
there can't be any scripts that depend on it today, so backwards
compatibility is not an issue.

If there _are_ scripts/makefiles that check the exit status already, I
bet they all think edoc exits with a non-zero exit value on errors.

/Fredrik