CPU/Hardware optimized for Erlang

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Mon Jul 25 15:15:44 CEST 2005

Thomas Lindgren wrote:

> --- Will Newton <will@REDACTED> wrote:
>
>>Also bear in mind that Intel chips are constrained
>>very much by their legacy.
>
> I don't think this is a big handicap. Yes, it leads to
> extra complexity, but high-performance hardware
> already is very complex (as I'm sure you know). The
> instruction set or legacy features of IA32 really
> doesn't seem to be the bottleneck when you look at the
> results.

On this topic, I have read a rumour that Intel would like to introduce
Java VM optimisation to accelerate execution in future Pentium version
(Source is here: First comment: http://lwn.net/Articles/144546/).

Unfortunatly, I have not been able to found any related article on the net.

--
Mickaël Rémond