Status of ODBC

Tiago Rodrigues Antao tra@REDACTED
Fri Feb 11 13:10:06 CET 2005

Hi!

First I would like to thank everybody that answered.

All the infrastructure was set up correctly (odbcserver, etc)
I discovered that the problem was my poor Erlang knowledge, I was doing:
Ref = odbc:connect("DSN=PostgreSQL;UID=XXX;PWD=XXX",[{scrollable_cursors,
off}]).

odbc:sql_query(Ref,"select * from t1").

The "Ref =" should have been "{ok, Ref} ="

This was causing odbcserver to shutdown (not a crash, a normal exit).

If nobody opposes I would like to document on the wiki my experience in
putting ODBC to work on Linux/PostgreSQL (including most of the issues raised
by all the people that answered my previous email).

BTW, I will be making changes to odbcserver and the odbc module to include
support for metadata, if anyone is interested in these changes, I will be
more than happy to share them.