Status of ODBC

Serge Aleynikov <>
Tue Feb 8 17:01:37 CET 2005

I've been using ODBC on Linux connecting to Oracle without problems:

Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.3 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]

Eshell V5.4.3  (abort with ^G)
1> application:start(odbc).
2> {ok, P} = odbc:connect("DSN=RouteDEV;UID=ROUTE", []).
3> odbc:sql_query(P, "select count(*) from dba_users").
4> os:type().
5> odbc:sql_query(P, "select * from dba_users").

I am using:
UnixODBC version 2.2.3
Easysoft's Oracle driver

Though, I've never tried to connect to PostgreSQL.