Status of ODBC

Ingela Anderton ingela@REDACTED
Tue Feb 8 09:27:55 CET 2005

Tiago Rodrigues Antao wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to use the ODBC facility of Erlang. I have noticed from the code
> that its only supposed to work on Windows and Solaris (I am working on
> Linux).
It is not only supposed to work for Windows and Solaris. There might
be some unfortunate naming that gave you this idea. But there
is no technical reason why it should not work on Linux.
On the other hand it is currently only tested and commercially
supported for Windows and Solaris.

> I changed the build script and compiled odbcserver.
> I was able to start it from within Erlang and to connect to a PostgreSQL
> server, but when I try to do an SQL query the server crashes.
Without the crash report it is hard say anything! Probably it's not
the srollable cursors problem with 2.x drivers as you managed to
connect to the server.

> Does anyone tried to use odbcserver on Linux? With any luck?
I think there where some users who did, but I will let them speak for
themselves.

--
/Ingela - OTP team