Scaling TCP (was Re: Error: cannot handle extended pids and ports)

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Apr 1 22:29:23 CEST 2005

> Luke Gorrie wrote:

>My colleagues could probably give you some good tips on how far you
>can make TCP scale in Erlang, I suspect it's a pretty long way..

I must have taken Vance's suggestion the wrong way. He stated that Erlang
can only handle about 255 nodes and that I should use RUDP.

255 nodes does not mean 255 TCP clients, I suppose, so I can first try
TCP and switch to RUDP later on and if needed.

    Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/tech