ASN Tcap question

Casper casper2000a@REDACTED
Thu Sep 23 10:00:44 CEST 2004

Dear folks,

I compiled TCAPMessage.asn file from ITU-T using Erlang asn1 compiler. It
successfully compiled and generated the required files (which I have
attached). But I cannot see the encoding/decoding methods for TCMessage,
Unidirectional, Begin, End, Continue objects. But there're methods for Abort
object. I wonder if this is a problem with the asn1 compiler or I am missing
something. Please help.

The only difference I see between Begin and Abort specification is Begin is
using Information Objects as below

            Begin{OPERATION:Invokable, OPERATION:Returnable} ..

Where as abort is not.

Also when I compare 3gpp MAP asn.1 spec and ITU-T Tcap asn.1 specs, they use
Information Objects in 2 different ways.

3GPP -> purgeMS  OPERATION ::= {
--Timer m

            ARGUMENT

                        PurgeMS-Arg

            RESULT

                        PurgeMS-Res

                                    -- optional

            ERRORS{

                        dataMissing |

                        unexpectedDataValue|

                        unknownSubscriber}

            CODE   local:67 }

ITU-T -> Begin{OPERATION:Invokable, OPERATION:Returnable} ::= SEQUENCE {

  otid             OrigTransactionID,

  dialoguePortion  DialoguePortion OPTIONAL,

  components       ComponentPortion{{Invokable}, {Returnable}} OPTIONAL

}

Please advice me what am I missing here. How can I encode a TCAP Begin PDU?

Thanks in advance.

Eranga