test_server question - coverage data from remote node?

Reto Kramer kramer@REDACTED
Mon Sep 13 17:40:37 CEST 2004

This issue turned out to be a misunderstanding on my part of the
lifecycle of a node started in a testcase. I used a "conf" case (I
started the node in the "start" of {conf, start, [func], stop}.
Coverage was only going to be provided by running func, which never
happened since the node was killed at the exit of start. I had
erroneously assumed that in a conf case the node would only be killed
at the end of stop, but it will be at the end of start.

Of course this is all in the docs, one way or another :-)
start_node/3, {cleanup, false} Option does the trick, including
handling distributed coverage data acquisition.

Perhaps in the future the examples section of the docs could be
extended with a "trivial" test example that involves multiple nodes.

- Reto