Stand Alone Erlang

Kenneth Lundin 08.55088832@REDACTED
Thu Mar 11 19:22:29 CET 2004

Hi,

As developers and maintainers of Open Source Erlang and the commercial
supported version of Erlang we have
in our plan to release Stand Alone Erlang hopefully this year (no
promise).
Although I think SAE is important other things with higher priority for
our paying customers have occupied our time so far.

We have Joes implementation but need to do a better integration with the
rest of the product to get it
maintainable.

Examples of  problems to solve before we release it are:
-          Avoid having to build a special runtime-system binary for SAE
-          We must have a smarter way to handle erlang.ear and other
archives. A possible solution might be that
the erlang.ear is built at install-time and at patch installation so it
always gets updated with the latest modules
from the compiler, kernel, stdlib applications.
-          It should work on all supported platforms when we release it
(Windows requires some alternative solutions)

Kenneth Lundin (Product Manager for Erlang/OTP at Ericsson)

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.