sends don't block, right?

Taj Khattra taj.khattra@REDACTED
Wed Feb 25 08:41:50 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:45:02PM -0500, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> than I, than to run a node for hours trying to fill up main memory until
> the node crashes.  When you have a full 1 GB of RAM available to the node
> its gonna take a while to run that test case I posted.

you can start the node with a virtual memory limit.

e.g. on my linux box

% sh -c 'ulimit -v 8000; exec erl'
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3 [source] [hipe]

Eshell V5.3  (abort with ^G)
1> lists:duplicate(100000, abc).

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 785672 bytes of memory (of type "old_heap").
                                                                         Aborted (core dumped)

-taj