<spam> Improving Web Services

Vlad Dumitrescu vlad_dumitrescu@REDACTED
Wed Oct 1 10:14:05 CEST 2003

I read a small note in a paper the other day, and it was so funny... Quoting
from memory:

It seems that some people are not very pleased with performance of Web Services,
and Sun (I think) has a research team that works on replacing XML with a binary
format for the data. "This will improve performance" says one spokesperson.

Now, really - how long has it been since the first voices were raised against
XMLs extreme verbosity for this kind of use?

My guess is that those who promoted XML thought that "hey, we do it this way
first, then we have something to improve and we'll have jobs a couple of more
years!"

/Vlad