mnesia_session

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Thu Nov 27 22:30:16 CET 2003

bry@REDACTED writes:

> I'm in the preliminary sketching out of some
> stuff I want to work on in the near future,
> for this work I want to use mnesia, but I
> don't want to use erlang for all my code, so
> I want to interface to mnesia from a third
> language, unfortunately  (or fortunately
> from my point of view) this language doesn't
> have corba, and hell, come to think of it, I
> don't have corba, or more than a cursory
> acquaintence with idl!

> so what I would like to do is to communicate
> via a port from language a to erlang and
> pass in tables to mnesia.

> is there anything like that in tutorial or
> implementation form already?

It depends on your app, the other languages, etc.

Have you looked at UBF? I would start there in many cases.
http://www.sics.se/~joe/ubf/site/home.html

or you could look at erl_interface
http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/lib/erl_interface-3.4/doc/html/index.html

or jinterface
http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/lib/jinterface-1.2.1.1/doc/html/index.html

or yaws
http://yaws.hyber.org/

or inets
http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/lib/inets-3.0.6/doc/html/index.html

or unix pipe (Erlang port) - we do this to some SQL servers
http://www.erlang.org/doc/r9c/lib/kernel-2.9/doc/html/erlang.html#open_port%2

maybe even SNMP
http://www.drxyzzy.org/mnesia-snmp/index.html