namespace packages and releases

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon Nov 24 10:19:47 CET 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:55:54 -0600, Hal Snyder <hal@REDACTED> wrote:

> Has anyone built a release involving packages?
>
> I get stuck building .boot and .script from .rel:

Here's a patch of systools_make.erl against OTP R9B.
It should work against the R9C version as well, but I
haven't actually verified that. The patch makes it possible
to build boot scripts even when using package semantics.
Note that the application names remain the same.

Example:

lib/mywww-1.0/
        ebin/
           mywww.app
           base/
              socket.beam
              http.beam
              session.beam
           cgi/
              parse.beam
              eval.beam
        src/
           base/
              socket.erl
           cgi/
              parse.erl

The app file would look like this:

{application, mywww,
     [{version, "1.0"},
      {modules, ['mywww.base.socket','mywww.base.http',mywww.base.session',
                 'mywww.cgi.parse',mywww.cgi.eval']}
      ...]}.

And the code path should be set to .../lib/foo-1.0/ebin,
if you want to access the code using erl -pz ... or similar.

You can skip the quotes around module names if you're only
using OTP R9C or later, but with R9B, they have to be there.

What remains (AFAIK) is to modify erl_prim_loader.erl, but
this also involves rebuilding beam. This step is required
if you want to use embedded code loading, but otherwise,
you'll be fine with the systools_make patch.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger, Senior System Architect
EAB/UPD/S