Erlang filesystem (a bit long) (was: Re: File versioning)

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Fri May 9 05:59:15 CEST 2003

Chris Pressey <cpressey@REDACTED> writes:

> Downright inspired me to prove that I wasn't just all talk, too -
> I sat myself down and implemented #3.  The README should explain it all:
>
>   http://www.catseye.mb.ca/projects/tellerl-2003.0508/

Do you know about the erl_call example program included with
erl_interface? It is actually incredibly cool, but I never remember to
use it..

Of course, a real man would have no hesitation in doing it like this:

  #!/bin/sh
  ERLANG_MODE_DIR="/home/luke/elisp"
  DISTEL_DIR="/home/luke/hacking/distel/elisp"
  if [ $# != 4 ]; then
      exit 1
  fi
  emacs --batch \
        -L ${ERLANG_MODE_DIR} \
        -L ${DISTEL_DIR} \
        --eval "
  (progn
    (defun message (&rest ignore) nil)   ; silence messages
    (require 'distel)
    (setq worker-pid
          (erl-rpc (lambda (x)
                     (princ (format \"%s\\n\" x) t))
                     '()
    (while (erl-local-pid-alive-p worker-pid)
      (accept-process-output)))
  "

And then:

  $ ./tellerl x@REDACTED lists reverse "((x y z))"