Erlang filesystem (a bit long) (was: Re: File versioning)

Chris Pressey cpressey@REDACTED
Fri May 9 05:42:05 CEST 2003

On Thu, 08 May 2003 22:18:06 +0200
Tony Rogvall <tony@REDACTED> wrote:

> Chris Pressey wrote:
> > What, no takers for #2?  I'm disappointed in you guys :)
> >

> Well Erlux is nearly #2 I guess, still some work to do.
>
> The first erlux will be a kernel module running a kernel deamon (kerl),
> this actually works! I have the ring0 exectuting in the emulator,
>
> - rewrite some code to fit the 2.4.18xx (redhat kernels). Now it's a
> 2.4.20 only kernel module.
> - fix floating point issues.
> - make sure the emulator runs on a bounded stack (SMALL)
>    This was done in the multi-threaded erlang! (some one preserved the
> code????? I guess not :-(
> - Think of nice ways of handling input from console (kernel module)
>
> All basic drivers are working, even then dll driver (uses kernel modules
> to implement loadable drivers :-)
>
> Near enough ?
>
> /Tony

!!!!!  Dangit, the Erlang community never ceases to amaze me.

Downright inspired me to prove that I wasn't just all talk, too -
I sat myself down and implemented #3.  The README should explain it all:

  http://www.catseye.mb.ca/projects/tellerl-2003.0508/

-Chris