yeah, we're just better then awk!

Eric Merritt cyberlync@REDACTED
Mon Mar 3 15:12:04 CET 2003

--- Shawn Pearce <spearce@REDACTED> wrote:
> Not sure if everyone has seen this:
>
> http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/craps.shtml
>
> Apparently Erlang is just above Awk in the totally
> arbitrary
> ranking of langauges based on memory, cpu usage and
> lines of
> code to implement the pointless tests.  :)
>
> Interesting to note our beloved tool ranks down with
> the likes
> of bash and awk.  :-(
>
> Also interesting to note not one of the tests even
> beings to
> show Erlang's strengths.  I guess Erlang does need
> better PR.

 Yea the guy who did this has a comentary on Erlang
that basically says the same think. That its a nice
langauge and none of the tests are suited to its
strengths. Also I might point out that this uses and
older version of erlang and did not use Hipe at all.
Also this guy was an erlang novice so I am not sure
how efficient the implementations where.