Accessing windows net from erlsrv

Rudolph van Graan rvg@REDACTED
Wed Jul 23 11:34:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

My guess at the reason for this is that erlsrv is running as the windows
system account [unless setup otherwise]. This account would IMO not by
default have access to mapped folders [Which are only visible if you are
physically logged on as the interactive user]. Specify the path
differently, probably using UNC path names. I cannot remember how to do
this with netware, but on windows you would do something like:

file:open("//some_server.some_domain/some_share/some_file",[write]).

Rgds,

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Erlang Questions [mailto:erlang@REDACTED]
	Sent: 22 July 2003 09:18 PM
	To: Erlang Questions
	Subject: Accessing windows net from erlsrv

	Hi, has someone passed through  this before?

	I want to access a file located on a mapped net drive from
Erlang using file module and running Erlang as a windows service
(erlsrv).
	When the mapped drive is not a local directory Erlang (or
Windows) could not solve the access.
	I have tried six different ways with different results:

	Local folder mapped - running erl ->
	1> file:open("f:/pru.txt", [write]).
	{ok,IoDevice}

	Net folder mapped - running erl -> (when the mapped drive is a
Windows 2000)
	2> file:open("g:/pru.txt", [write]).
	{ok,IoDevice}

	Net folder mapped - running erl -> (when the mapped drive is a
Novell)
	3> file:open("z:/pru.txt", [write]).
	{ok,IoDevice}

	Local folder mapped - running erlsrv ->
	4> file:open("f:/pru.txt", [write]).
	{ok,IoDevice}

	Net folder mapped - running erlsrv -> (when the mapped drive is
a Windows 2000)
	5> file:open("g:/pru.txt", [write]).
	{error,eacces}

	Net folder mapped - running erlsrv -> (when the mapped drive is
a Novell)
	6> file:open("z:/pru.txt", [write]).
	{error,einval}

	I need to access a Novell (case 6)
	My doubt is what's the difference between case 3 and 6, if the
difference is in Erlang and how can I solve this.

	Do you know a way to resolve this?

	I would appreciate any suggestion.

	Thanks, Carlos.-