Accessing windows net from erlsrv

Erlang Questions erlang@REDACTED
Tue Jul 22 21:18:02 CEST 2003

Hi, has someone passed through  this before?

I want to access a file located on a mapped net drive from Erlang using file module and running Erlang as a windows service (erlsrv).
When the mapped drive is not a local directory Erlang (or Windows) could not solve the access.
I have tried six different ways with different results:

Local folder mapped - running erl ->
1> file:open("f:/pru.txt", [write]).
{ok,IoDevice}

Net folder mapped - running erl -> (when the mapped drive is a Windows 2000)
2> file:open("g:/pru.txt", [write]).
{ok,IoDevice}

Net folder mapped - running erl -> (when the mapped drive is a Novell)
3> file:open("z:/pru.txt", [write]).
{ok,IoDevice}

Local folder mapped - running erlsrv ->
4> file:open("f:/pru.txt", [write]).
{ok,IoDevice}

Net folder mapped - running erlsrv -> (when the mapped drive is a Windows 2000)
5> file:open("g:/pru.txt", [write]).
{error,eacces}

Net folder mapped - running erlsrv -> (when the mapped drive is a Novell)
6> file:open("z:/pru.txt", [write]).
{error,einval}

I need to access a Novell (case 6)
My doubt is what's the difference between case 3 and 6, if the difference is in Erlang and how can I solve this.

Do you know a way to resolve this?

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks, Carlos.-