Other things I don't get (WAS: Re: A Joeish Erlang distribution (long))

Per Bergqvist <>
Wed Jan 29 00:16:44 CET 2003

Regarding parlay they have now started to publish xml/soap interfaces.
xml/soap for traffical interfaces is even more bizarro.
I asked a colleague the other day if he could explain one good thing
with xml and the funny thing is that he was totally confused about
this too.
If I think xml as such is totally overrated, I believe that soap is
pure stupidity.  Since this xml hysteria has been bugging for quite
some time now it would be interesting to hear others opinions.
Am I way off here ???
(I'm sorry if this all sounds like I have pms, but I truly believe
that traffical interfaces should have simple and efficient codings.)