Erlang Extreme Programming & Refactoring, Was: non-telecom in erlang

Luke Gorrie luke@REDACTED
Fri Feb 7 12:08:26 CET 2003

Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@REDACTED> writes:

> >   It has supporting code for refactoring, completion, dynamic-TAGS,
> >   debugging, profiling, and other things. I'd be very interested in
> >   helping to make it usable for both of us.
>
> Very cool.
>
> I tend to use Eclipse under Windows, because it has the best Java
> implementation.
>
> Is it possible to run distel under Windows (possibly from NT Emacs)?
>
> I suppose that the distel Erlang backend must not run locally, but
> could run on a different box, or?

It is not yet officially supported, but Vlad Dumitrescu has got Distel
up and running on Windows a while ago, and Nicolas Charpentier is
currently setting it up. I'm leeching off their troubleshooting work
to find out what needs to be done to make it work out of the box :-)

Since Erlang runs on Windows, there shouldn't be any problem running
the whole thing on the one box. Distel itself is happy to talk to any
number of Erlang nodes on any machines at the same time.

Cheers,
Luke