Erlang projects association

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Mon Feb 3 21:33:47 CET 2003

* Daniel Dudley <daniel.dudley@REDACTED> [2003-02-03 17:46:19 +0100]:

> Are we to understand that this will now be an international
> association?

International sound a bit megalomaniac, but taken in a pragmatic way,
yes this is the idea, as France is not where the things are happening,
because things are happening everywhere.

Interesting projects are popping up everywhere and it would be good to
know them and promote them ...

For exemple, an online game development in Erlang might interest maybe
10 to 20 people in the world, but only two people in France. It will not
happen if the development community is too small and I think that
positioning the promotion at the country level is limiting with no valid
reason.
I think focusing to French speaking people was probably mainly a matter
of lazyness for my part, as it is easier for me to write in French than
in English ;-)

And, as Linux Torvald once said when asked about what he wanted for
Linux future: "World domination, fast !"

I think this is what we all see for Erlang ;-)
(Just kidding, in case this is not obvious)

--
Mickaël Rémond