Building R8B-2 as a 64-bit application on sparcv9

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Oct 18 03:00:29 CEST 2002

Kent,

I take it that the released R9 doesn't include 64-bit support?

	-Vance

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:25:13AM +0200, Kent Boortz wrote:
}
}  We are as a first step doing an unoptimized port of Erlang/OTP to
}  64-bits but don't know how much will be ready when we release R9 in
}  October. You can follow the progress in the P9 snapshots, some builds
}  will be very broken for 64 bits, others will work quite well (a large
}  part of the emulator test suites succeeds). We use gcc 3.1.1, sparcv9
}  and Solaris 8 for the daily build and test of the 64 bit Erlang/OTP.
}
}  I don't think we have looked into erl_interface and 64 bits yet,
}
}  kent