Building R8B-2 as a 64-bit application on sparcv9

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Fri Oct 18 06:30:51 CEST 2002

Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> writes:
> I take it that the released R9 doesn't include 64-bit support?

It does, at least for sparcv9 that we have used as the first target
for the 64 bit port. Don't expect everything to work 100% but it
should be "usable" (the main test suites are actually running just
fine). The internal representation of the data types are not
optimized, i.e.  large integers that now internally could fit into a
64 bit word are still converted to the bignum representation.

Configure will select 64 bits if you point your PATH to a gcc with 64
bit compilation as the default compilation mode.

kent