Undefined referrences in ttsl_drv.c

Kent Boortz kent@REDACTED
Fri May 10 17:52:03 CEST 2002

"Your Control-IT Team" <team@REDACTED> writes:
> "make" (being done as root) resulted in a lot of errors reading like:
> ...erts/emulator/drivers/unix/ttsl_drv.c "undefined reference to tgetent"
> dito undefined reference to tgetnum, tgetflag, tgetstr, etc.

There is a configure test that is less than perfect that looks for a
library where those functions are located. If no library was found the
configure script should terminate with an error report but it does
not.

  AC_CHECK_LIB(termlib, tgetent)
  if test $ac_cv_lib_termlib_tgetent = no ; then
    AC_CHECK_LIB(curses, tgetent)
    if test $ac_cv_lib_curses_tgetent = no ; then
      AC_CHECK_LIB(ncurses, tgetent)
      if test $ac_cv_lib_ncurses_tgetent = no ; then
        AC_CHECK_LIB(termcap, tgetent)
      fi
    fi
  fi

So my guess is that you need to install "libncurses.so" or similar,
remove the "config.cache" file and run ./configure again. I don't know
if this solves all your build problems but hopefully it solves some,

kent