Undefined referrences in ttsl_drv.c

Your Control-IT Team team@REDACTED
Fri May 10 16:49:35 CEST 2002

Hi

I am a completely ERLANG novice so please excuse any "stupid" questions.

I am running SuSE 8.0 (2.4.18-64GB-SMP) on a dual Athlon MP machine
with a Tyan Thunder K7 board and 1 GB of high quality RAM (original
Infineon).

I have downloaded Erlang/OTP R8B-1 for Linux. I have installed all the
neccessary programs according to the README file.

"/configure"without and with options "enable_hipe" and "enable_threads"
reported no problems or errors, but I can't compile successfully.

"make" (being done as root) resulted in a lot of errors reading like:
...erts/emulator/drivers/unix/ttsl_drv.c "undefined reference to tgetent"
dito undefined reference to tgetnum, tgetflag, tgetstr, etc.

Additionally I get an "Error 1" in
.../otp_src_R8B-1/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu/beam.instr
The path is existing and there are a couple of freshly generated executables
but there is no such file or directory as "beam.instr".

I am using gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE).
What did I do wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot to the ERLANG community!

Have a nice weekend

bernie