Fwd: Erlang: orber problem

Kjetil Rossavik kjr@REDACTED
Fri Jul 20 18:33:41 CEST 2001

Thanks a lot for your response.

You were right about not having registered my types - didn't realise you
should, the tutorial example is not clear on that. My stupidity was worse
than that, I'm afraid, I had forgotten to compile my ic:gen() generates. I
am trying that out now, but compiling the generated code has been running
for 1 hour 25 now...

 > > I can communicate with the server, but in some instances I am getting
 > > the following exception:
 > > {'EXCEPTION',{'MARSHAL',[],107,'COMPLETED_MAYBE'}}
 > >
 > > 1. Is this a client (Erlang/Win2K) or server (Orbix/Solaris) marshalling
 > > failure?
 >
 > If you don't run Orber as lightweight the exception above is thrown when
 > Orber attempts to decode a message (e.g. Reply, Request).

Should I be running as lightweight?

D:\temp\erl>erl -orber lightweight [\"marketing-u10:1570\"] -orber domain
"ORBER_LIGHT"
Eshell V5.0.2  (abort with ^G)
1> orber:start_lightweight().
{error,{bad_environment_value,"\"[\"marketing-u10:1570\"]\""}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 20-Jul-2001::17:04:11 ===
application_controller: syntax error before: marketing:
"["marketing-u10:1570"]"

Thanks,
KJ.