Makefile and Erlang

Alexis Le-Quoc alexis@REDACTED
Sat Jan 27 02:35:27 CET 2001

Hello,

First of all, let me state the obvious, the more I use Erlang, the more
impressed I am! I've been fiddling with the release tools and I find them
absolutely useful.

I'm stumbling on two problems:

1) I wrote a Makefile (for GNU make) which is about 3 lines long:
all:
        erl -noinput -make
        echo "systools:make_tar(app1)." | erl -noshell

The third line obviously never returns but produces the expected .tar.gz.

It looks like:
lib/app-1/...
lib/kernel-.../...
lib/sasl-.../...
lib/stdlib-.../...
releases/1/start.boot

2) Once I have that tarball, I un-tar it to my_directory and do a cd
my_directory. Then I try erl -boot releases/1/start but it crashes since I
suspect it does not find the appropriate *.beam files. I'm missing
something here. Is is the {path, Path} trick in the .rel file?

Thank you,

-- Alexis