[erlang-bugs] error in re:split on R14B02 and R14B03

Dave Peticolas <>
Fri Jun 10 05:19:07 CEST 2011


I built a debug emulator, but I'm not sure what I should do with it,
other than re-run that test which produces the same failing result.

2011/6/7 Dave Peticolas <>

> Thanks, I will give that a try.
>
>
> 2011/6/7 Patrick Baggett <>
>
>> Maybe it is compiler options / optimizations producing wrong code? I'd
>> make 100% sure all *.o files are gone and then retry with a debug build.
>> Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. :\
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Dave Peticolas <
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I should mention it works fine on my Linux desktop as well.
>>> I'd say something was wrong with my netbook, except 01
>>> works just fine.
>>>
>>>
>>> 2011/6/7 Patrick Baggett <>
>>>
>>>> Not seeing it here (Win32 platform)
>>>>
>>>> Erlang R14B03 (erts-5.8.4) [smp:4:4] [rq:4] [async-threads:0]
>>>>
>>>> Eshell V5.8.4  (abort with ^G)
>>>> 1> re:split("abc","b").
>>>> [<<"a">>,<<"c">>]
>>>> 2>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Dave Peticolas <
>>>> > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello, I recently tried to build both R14B02 and 03 on my Dell Inspiron
>>>>> Mini (Intel Atom)
>>>>> running Ubuntu 8.04. I already had R14B01 running fine. I found that
>>>>> re:split no longer
>>>>> worked. I built all the versions from source. Here is an example of 01
>>>>> output:
>>>>>
>>>>> Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
>>>>> [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>>>>>
>>>>> Eshell V5.8.2  (abort with ^G)
>>>>> 1> re:split("abc", "b").
>>>>> [<<"a">>,<<"c">>]
>>>>> 2> q().
>>>>> ok
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> And here is what I get on 02 (same as 03 except for the version
>>>>> numbers):
>>>>>
>>>>> Erlang R14B02 (erts-5.8.3) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
>>>>> [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>>>>>
>>>>> Eshell V5.8.3  (abort with ^G)
>>>>> 1> re:split("abc", "b").
>>>>> ** exception error: no case clause matching {match,["b"]}
>>>>>      in function  re:run/3
>>>>>         called as re:run(<<"abc">>,
>>>>>                          {re_pattern,0,0,
>>>>>
>>>>>  <<69,82,67,80,49,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,98,0,0,...>>},
>>>>>                          [global])
>>>>>      in call from re:split/3
>>>>> 2>
>>>>>
>>>>> In case the existing build was somehow getting tangled with the new
>>>>> one,
>>>>> I tried removing the 01 build completely and rebuilding 02 and got the
>>>>> same
>>>>> results.
>>>>>
>>>>> thanks,
>>>>> dave
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> erlang-bugs mailing list
>>>>> 
>>>>> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-bugs
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/attachments/20110609/3c70304d/attachment.html>


More information about the erlang-bugs mailing list