[erlang-bugs] error in re:split on R14B02 and R14B03

Dave Peticolas <>
Wed Jun 8 06:30:09 CEST 2011


Thanks, I will give that a try.

2011/6/7 Patrick Baggett <>

> Maybe it is compiler options / optimizations producing wrong code? I'd make
> 100% sure all *.o files are gone and then retry with a debug build. Other
> than that, I don't know what to tell you. :\
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Dave Peticolas <>wrote:
>
>> I should mention it works fine on my Linux desktop as well.
>> I'd say something was wrong with my netbook, except 01
>> works just fine.
>>
>>
>> 2011/6/7 Patrick Baggett <>
>>
>>> Not seeing it here (Win32 platform)
>>>
>>> Erlang R14B03 (erts-5.8.4) [smp:4:4] [rq:4] [async-threads:0]
>>>
>>> Eshell V5.8.4  (abort with ^G)
>>> 1> re:split("abc","b").
>>> [<<"a">>,<<"c">>]
>>> 2>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Dave Peticolas <
>>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello, I recently tried to build both R14B02 and 03 on my Dell Inspiron
>>>> Mini (Intel Atom)
>>>> running Ubuntu 8.04. I already had R14B01 running fine. I found that
>>>> re:split no longer
>>>> worked. I built all the versions from source. Here is an example of 01
>>>> output:
>>>>
>>>> Erlang R14B01 (erts-5.8.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
>>>> [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>>>>
>>>> Eshell V5.8.2  (abort with ^G)
>>>> 1> re:split("abc", "b").
>>>> [<<"a">>,<<"c">>]
>>>> 2> q().
>>>> ok
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> And here is what I get on 02 (same as 03 except for the version
>>>> numbers):
>>>>
>>>> Erlang R14B02 (erts-5.8.3) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]
>>>> [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
>>>>
>>>> Eshell V5.8.3  (abort with ^G)
>>>> 1> re:split("abc", "b").
>>>> ** exception error: no case clause matching {match,["b"]}
>>>>      in function  re:run/3
>>>>         called as re:run(<<"abc">>,
>>>>                          {re_pattern,0,0,
>>>>
>>>>  <<69,82,67,80,49,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,98,0,0,...>>},
>>>>                          [global])
>>>>      in call from re:split/3
>>>> 2>
>>>>
>>>> In case the existing build was somehow getting tangled with the new one,
>>>> I tried removing the 01 build completely and rebuilding 02 and got the
>>>> same
>>>> results.
>>>>
>>>> thanks,
>>>> dave
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> erlang-bugs mailing list
>>>> 
>>>> http://erlang.org/mailman/listinfo/erlang-bugs
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/attachments/20110607/3f93e8c5/attachment.html>


More information about the erlang-bugs mailing list