rebar3 as test compile not fetching test dependencies

Anthony Howe achowe@REDACTED
Fri Jan 14 20:02:37 CET 2022

On 2022-01-14 08:52, Fred Hebert wrote:
> you can generally get more details of what is going on by running things with
> DIAGNOSTIC=1 or DEBUG=1, which will expand output to show internal details.
> DEBUG=1 is intended for users and will try to show which configs effect what,
> whereas DIAGNOSTIC=1 is for maintainers and goes into even more details about
> the results of intermediary commands.
>
> You may also want to look at the environment variables and global configuration
> files. It's possible for some behavior to changed based on that:
> https://rebar3.org/docs/configuration/configuration/#environment-configuration
> <https://rebar3.org/docs/configuration/configuration/#environment-configuration>
>
> Another thing that could exist is some mess with the local cache
> (~/.cache/rebar3) . I have no idea how, and wouldn't imagine that failure mode,
> but it's the one other bit of state hanging around that could be significant
> aside from proxies and whatnot.

Thank you all for your help in trying to resolve this issue.

My solution in the end was clone the VM from a snapshot shortly after it was
built, apply package upgrades, then build/install Erlang and Rebar3 from GitHub
repos.  Not ideal, but its a VM and most of my work-in-progress was pushed to
external repos.  Starting from a "clean" base appears to have resolved the
issue, though still no idea how the problem came about.

--
Anthony C Howe         	                                       SnertSoft
achowe@REDACTED     Twitter: SirWumpus            BarricadeMX & Milters