Collateral Damage

Michael Malter airlangue@REDACTED
Mon Apr 25 17:44:56 CEST 2022

Experience. Over the years I have developed a workflow around Erlang. So
yes, I am faster in Erlang. To be clear, thee main reasons are :
- the way my text editor is configured
- the testing philosophy in elixir (which I find horrible but maybe that's
just me)

Honnestly it's not that interesting discussing about me myself and I. I was
just trying to convey where some of the resentment was coming from.

Again, that's not the point. We think the Erlang way is better there. It's
that simple. I really hope Elixir folks can sleep at night thinking there
is a world with diverging views.

Ever better, we can coexist well.

Straight and simple, each time the erlang community rejects something from
Elixir, we are going to say Elixir is wrong on that topic. It's not mean.
There is no hard feeling. It's going too happen again. I sincerely hope we
can live with it.