New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Wed Jan 27 10:57:55 CET 2021

Den fre 15 jan. 2021 kl 16:04 skrev <2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE@REDACTED>:

> That said, I draw exactly the opposite conclusion from those results:
> If only that much code in such a large corpus would benefit, then why
> implement pinning?

It's taken me a long time to go through all the replies, so sorry for the
delay. This one is worth clarifying:

Yes, the stats showed that only a small fraction of all variable
occurrences warrant annotating. But they also show that on average, every
module out there can be expected to contain a couple of these - and
although they are critical for the control flow where they occur, you can't
see them without reading the code in detail.

        /Richard