New EEP draft: Pinning operator ^ in patterns

Karl Velicka karolis.velicka@REDACTED
Tue Jan 19 13:29:21 CET 2021

Are you sure you read the proposal? Quoting from
https://github.com/erlang/eep/blob/master/eeps/eep-0055.md:

> Backwards Compatibility

> The addition of a new and previously unused operator ^ does not affect
the meaning of existing code, and the compiler will not emit any new
warnings or errors for existing code, unless explicitly enabled with
warn_unpinned_vars. This change is therefore fully backwards compatible.

To answer your other question, last breaking change that comes to my mind
is removal of gen_fsm in OTP 21 (or maybe 20?).