Erlang forums (was Re: PING TEST)

Daniel Widgren daniel.widgren@REDACTED
Sat Dec 18 10:47:42 CET 2021

 I think the mailing list has had its role in the community, but I can't
see any discussion in this list that we can't have in a forum. More than
people will not be there because they don't like Forums. My feeling is that
we lose more new developers or companies because we have a mailing list.

When companies look around to see if they should use Erlang or Elixir,
Elixir will win. The reasons are straightforward, and they can see a
community, have a better discussion and adopt new approaches.

This list has had some good runs, but for me, Forums and Slack community
have been so much better than this list or IRC. I am not saying they are
perfect, and we maybe change to something else in a couple of years.

This Forum is ten years late, and we should have unified somewhere long
ago. If things aren't changing, Erlang will be a building block for Elixir,
and it will be even harder to convince companies why they should use Erlang.

Den lör 18 dec. 2021 kl 10:21 skrev Eric Pailleau <eric.pailleau@REDACTED