Connecting cluster with different cookies

Tue Aug 10 10:52:00 CEST 2021

To clarify; we are not talking about deleting the possibility
to set the default cookie for the node through an API function,
although today the only way to do that is by calling
erlang:set_cookie(node(), Cookie).

An obvious erlang:set_cookie(Cookie) is missing and could be added.

It is setting differing cookies for other nodes that is the feature
scrutinized here i.e erlang:set_cookie(OtherNode, OtherCookie).

All your use cases; can they be solved by setting the default cookie
for the node?  E.g starting a node to just to interact with a cluster,
is it needed/desirable to be able to interact with several clusters
simultaneously, or do you start a dedicated node for that interaction,
hence would it be possible to just set the default cookie for the
interaction node during the interaction?

Cheers
/ Raimo Niskanen