rebar3 - slow in Analyzing applications...

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Apr 15 18:37:00 CEST 2021

This is a full graph analysis of all files to figure out what depends on
what. The first run should be slower than before, but the follow-up runs
much faster as we'll only rebuild the files that have changed (along with
the files that depend on the files that have changed).
A lot of the work in the application analysis was done to initially speed
up large builds in companies like WhatsApp while fixing correctness at no
major cost for smaller projects.

That being said, if you have a very large project with non-standard setups,
you should probably come talk to us about that, it's hard to know what
could be to blame there, and it's possible some options tweaking could
solve a bunch of stuff, especially when you have older carryovers from
rebar 2.x