Distributed erlang question

Gerhard Lazu gerhard@REDACTED
Tue Sep 22 23:26:26 CEST 2020

> erl -setcookie bob -name test1@REDACTED

The above translates to: start an Erlang VM with cookie bob and a name of
test1@REDACTED

erl -setcookie bob -name test2@REDACTED -remsh test1@REDACTED

And this translates to: start an Erlang VM with cookie bob and a name of
test2@REDACTED and then open a remote shell to node with name
test1@REDACTED Your test2@REDACTED node will connect to epmd on
port 4369 running on 192.168.86.35 and check if there is any node running
on that host with name test1@REDACTED This will fail because the
Erlang node running on that host has a name of test1@REDACTED

In this working example we form a three-node cluster:
https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-prometheus/blob/master/docker/docker-compose-overview.yml
. All nodes use rabbit@REDACTED where hostname is resolved by Docker.

There is a quick start if it helps:
https://www.rabbitmq.com/prometheus.html#quick-start