Distributed erlang question

Matthew Evans mattevans123@REDACTED
Tue Sep 22 21:07:12 CEST 2020

Hi,

We want to start an Erlang instance within a docker container. What we want to do is start the Erlang VM like:

erl -setcookie bob -name test1@REDACTED

Since we may not have the interfaces up at that time we provide the lo address.

When the interfaces are running we want to be able connect to that VM from a remote node with the actual address:

erl -setcookie bob -name test2@REDACTED -remsh test1@REDACTED

This fails...

I know we can probably do this programmatically instead by starting the VM with no distribution and call net_kernel:start/1when the interface is ready. Question: is there a better way?

Thanks