Should we change from Jira to Github Issues?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Thu Oct 8 19:53:00 CEST 2020

Jira can manage more details than github issues.  However, if the extra
details are not necessary or are not helpful, then there is no reason to
use Jira.  It likely is a question of whether the complexity of Jira is
justifiable due to software project complexity.

Having internal Ericsson issue identifiers and external issue
identifiers can make it difficult to track bug and fix information.  The
release notes for major versions (23.1) not including all the changes
from minor versions (23.0.x) also makes it more difficult to track
issues.  If github issues are a way of having a single issue identifier,
that would be beneficial for tracking every issue with more visibility.
Visibility may seem problematic, but it helps issues get solved in the
best possible way due to more testing and information.