Update inets from RFC2616 to RFC7230?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Oct 6 12:37:56 CEST 2020

The differences are mostly around behavioral differences in clients then
and now. RFC723x specs are more strict in general (because clients have
improved over the years).

Don't waste your time doing a full review though because there's a new
update to the spec that's being worked on:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-core

There might also be an update to the HTTP/2 RFC soon.

Test suite you could get a good start from these, particularly the first
one:

* https://github.com/ninenines/cowboy/blob/master/test/rfc7230_SUITE.erl
* https://github.com/ninenines/cowboy/blob/master/test/rfc7231_SUITE.erl

I'll update them when the new RFCs are out.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu