EEF Board Elections

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Mon Mar 9 14:57:37 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

if you're already following one of the social media accounts for the EEF or
are subscribed to the mailing list, there won't be anything new for you
here.

Otherwise, if you're a member of the EEF, you might be interested in
knowing that we are having our first board elections. If you want to run
for the board or want to get more information on voting, we've got a page
on our website explaining everything:
https://erlef.org/news/eef/election-2020

Being a board member is ultimately a fairly political [unpaid] job focused
on “running the foundation”, distinct from the more direct involvement
people in specific working groups usually have. Board members are not
precluded from being part of working groups either.

You have until end-of-day (PST) on Thursday March 12 to submit your
candidacy; after that, we'll have a week-long voting session; to vote, you
have to be a paying member, or have done active participation in working
groups (as a managing member or just putting in time there) and ask for
voting rights at voting@REDACTED Board members also get the right to
vote.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Fred.